Friday 20 June 2014

Eye Makeup: Silver and Purple Smokey Eye

Thursday 19th June Eye Makeup Look

Recently I've made the conscious decision to amp up my eye makeup looks. I always do a standard silver eye with a brown crease when I go out, but I decided to branch out and start doing some different looks. I realised I have so many beautiful colourful eyeshadows, and I love experimenting so am really trying to wear some different and interesting eyeshadow looks out- the best time to try something a little bit crazy is when going out at night! 

I'm going to post pictures of these eye looks when I do them. Some might not necessarily be looks suitable for daytime, but hopefully will give you guys some nighttime inspiration, an insight into what products I use when I go out, and inspire me too to keep up the "branching out" style. 

I'm going to be going out quite a lot in the coming months as exams are over- woooo! So these posts might become a regular thing. Let me know if you like them!



I used mainly the colours from the Lime Crime Palette d'antoinette (at the end there will be a picture of the products used and a full list), which I featured in a haul and did some up close swatches of each colour, so check that out if you're interested.

Basically I love this palette, and I plan on doing a green-orange look with it soon. The colours are creamy and apply beautifully, easy to blend and super pigmented. And surprisingly, there really isn't much fall out at all.


As you can see, the look is quite subtle and super wearable! But the pop of colour slightly adds to your usual eye look and gives it a little bit of something extra. You could definitely put the purple into the crease below the brown if you wanted even more drama, I might try that out next time.

I used a matte white as a browbone highlight (under the brow), then brushed a matte brown shade into the crease as a transition colour to really pull the look together. I then placed the silver from the palette from the very inner part of the eye from an inner corner highlight right to about 3/4 of the way across the lid. Then I placed the pink, overlapping it slightly and adding a few layers to intensify the colour, and right at outer edge of the eye I placed the purple, again blending them all together. I repeated the silver-pink-purple structure under the eye, as well as smudging a bit of brown on the outer 1/4 of the lower lash line.


Here are the products I used.


For the lid colours, the silver, pink and purple, I used the Lime Crime Palette d'antoinette (top left).

For the transition crease shade I used the top right shade from the Soap and Glory Lid Stuff quad in 'What's Nude' (the middle product).

For the browbone highlight I used the white (bottom row, three from right and well loved, as you can see, I've hit pan) from the Coastal Scents Smokey Eyes palette you'll see on the right of the picture, which is really great for colourful looks.

For eyeliner I used the L'Oreal super liner slim, and the normal super liner, both in black, and my mascara was The Rocket by Maybelline.

__

This is a new thing for me to try so I would really love to hear your feedback, let me know in the comments below if you like this format and also of course if you like this look!

No comments:

Post a Comment