Friday 15 August 2014

How I Spot Clean My Makeup Brushes! (Ft Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner)

Spot Cleaning my Makeup Brushes

I bought this a few weeks ago and have been absolutely loving it- can't believe I never owned a brush cleaner before this!

Spot cleaning your brushes is amazing for when you quickly want a few small brushes cleaned and don't have time to do a deep clean with shampoo and wait for them to dry. (I may do a post on my whole full cleaning routine also because it's so simple but many people are confused as to how to deep clean their brushes.)



What I need:

  1. Dirty makeup brushes!
  2. Toilet paper strips (you can use whatever tissue paper or even cotton pads if you want, but I find toilet paper is cheapest and works fine
  3. A brush cleaner
The process:




I dip the very end of the brush into a capfull of the brush cleaner.



I then brush it across the tissue paper and as you can see, a lot of the product (most of it), comes off at this stage.


I then just do a few further swirls to get the rest of the product off, here I didn't need to re-dip into the cap again, but sometimes I do that just to make sure all the product is off.



And voila! A completely clean brush that'll be completely dry in only a few minutes. I just put it back into my makeup brushes holder, and repeat with other brushes.

That brush was a mac 242 by the way, I use this for packing on colour or applying a basecoat.


The next brush was the Real Techniques pointed foundation brush which I use on occasion for cream blush, and also for concealer.



Brushes before:


Brushes after:


It's so lovely to have clean brushes!!

I haven't deep cleaned my brushes in weeks, because I've been so busy and this is just way way easier that fully cleaning with shampoo seems like such a hassle to me now.


Overall I love this product, and when I'm writing this I literally have half or less than half left! So i'm definitely going to pick it up again when it runs out, and next time get an even bigger size.

The price isn't too much, this size was 8oz and it costs $24 from the cinema secrets website, and they ship worldwide. And I've gotta mention the smell! It leaves the brushes smelling fresh and fruity, it's really pleasant.


How do you clean your makeup brushes? Have you picked up any tips here? Let me know in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Its very helpful. I used to throw away my brushes.
    discount theater tickets
    buy theater tickets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love how convenient and stress-free my beauty routine has become with Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner! And guess what makes my life even easier? Booking my Meet and Greet at Heathrow with Ezybook! Two essentials for a seamless travel experience and a flawless makeup application.

    ReplyDelete