Tuesday 4 March 2014

My Mac Palette

What's in my Mac palette??

Today's blog post is showing you the 15 eye shadows in my mac palette: which ones I've chosen and up close pictures giving individual pictures and reviews.


I think it's interesting to see what's in someone else's mac palette, especially if you're thinking of constructing your own or you want to buy some individual mac eyeshadows. I know I definitely decided which eyeshadows I would buy not only based on colours I always wear but also on what Youtubers and bloggers rave about.



The packaging is sturdy and secure, doesn't open when you don't want it to and is sleek meaning it's good for travel.

I picked all neutrals because that's what I usually wear. I'm thinking about getting a colourful quad sometime in the future, but for now this is all good.

Individual pictures are left to right, top row then second row, then bottom row.

I'd like to apologise for the state of my nails in the close-ups haha! Enjoy.





The first colour is vanilla.

Vanilla is a white-pink base with lots of very fine glitter- not chunky at all so it won't feel like you're wearing glitter and you won't be able to see it that much.

All the colours in this palette are very smooth in texture, amazing.

If you're looking for a matte highlight colour, the next one has a lot more pigmentation, so is probably the one for you.


This is Blanc Type, and I think my most used colour in this palette.

It's not white, but not too pinky either. It's an amazing browbone highlight, even for someone as pale as me, and therefore especially for deeper tones.

It's also not too harsh to use as it isn't a shocking white.

I LOVE THIS.



This is orb and is a satin-y almost matte very slightly yellow based shadow but is quite a light neutral shade. I use this all over the lid quite frequently.

Shroom is a more neutral and less yellow-based shadow which I find means it works even better on my skin tone.

This is another amazing shadow.

It's more of a satin than the one above.



Nylon is a yellow based satin, this is AMAZING for inner corner highlight as it really opens up the eyes. The pigmentation is really really great on this one.

I do still recommend wearing these eyeshadows with a primer though as it really enhances them.


Ricepaper is another yellow-based colour, but not as much as Nylon above, with not too much glitter and mucho sheen. It's really pretty for light skin tones as well as darker ones.

All That Glitters is another cult favourite, it's an extremely light bronzy shade which is amazing all over the lid alone or as part of a full look.


Naked Lunch is another one of my favourites, it's pinky based but very light and very subtle. I love these shades (clearly), that aren't too out there or offensive to the eye.

Light shimmery champagne colours, that's what I love. And Naked Lunch is another one of these.


Wood-winked is a bronze satin-finish. It reminds me of one of the colours in the Naked 2 palette.

The pigmentation of this is insane. It's so creamy and smooth. I don't wear this as much as I'd like to, but it is really good.


Mythology is sort of odd one out for this palette. I didn't realise how pinky it was at the time, and it's good for if I'm ever trying a more warm toned eye.

It has a slight glitter and its pigmentation is great.

I love wearing this over the top of my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold as it's pretty much a perfect match, just slightly lighter.


Cork is a light matte brown with warm undertones. It is really quite pigmented for the fact that it's matte, which I love.

I use this as a transition colour for my crease (it's perfect for that) and I also used it as a brow powder when I was blonde, so if you're blonde and looking for a natural brow colour then pick this up. It fills in the brows perfectly- not reddy or orange and not too dark.

It resembles the lighter of the two matte browns in the Sleek storm palette though, so if this colour is something you're interested in then perhaps think about buying that palette, as the whole palette is cheaper than this one eyeshadow- crazy, I know.


Espresso is the colour I use for my brows now I'm brunette. This means I get a lot of use out of it. It resembles the darker of the two matte browns in the Sleek storm palette though, so if you have that then it's not necessary to pick this up.

Espresso is a dark matte brown with cool undertones.


Satin Taupe is one you've probably heard of. Its a metallic-grey, and is really beautiful all over the lid. It has a satin texture and is extremely smooth in texture.

The colour is shimmery and so so pretty.


Smut is a deep reddy brown that's amazing used in the crease with Satin Taupe (above) all over the lid. They work amazingly together.


Carbon! The last colour in my palette.

I want to say this is a matte but in the pan it appears to have some micro silver shimmers.

When applied to the lid, (I also use this as a liner, you can wet the brush and apply this in a more liquidy form for ease of application and a better colour), the shimmer completely goes though. Shimmer is not noticeable when you wear this black.

There's nothing that special about this colour- it's just a standard black. There is a similar one in most good palettes, especially my favourite neutrals palettes of the Sleek Storm palette and the Urban Decay Naked 2.

A random selection of colours

Overall I do love my mac palette but I have to admit I don't use it as much as I should. 

Plus for all the eyeshadows and actual palette it comes out to over £150, which is a lot, I know this. I recommend instead of buying a whole palette look at the colours individually and choose a few of the ones you know you'll use most and the colours you love.

They're worth it, but only if they're colours you know you'll be getting a lot of use out of.

I hope this was useful for you, even just to have a sneaky peek at my mac eyeshadow collection!

Do you have any of these eyeshadows? Do you recommend any mac products for me to try? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment