Monday 28 October 2013

Wear These on Your Nails This Winter!

Winter 2013: 5 Nail Polish Favourites

Hey guys and here's the five nail polish I've already found myself reaching for already as winter approaches, and definitely were five that I used to DEATH last winter and am super happy that the season is back here in which I can wear these again.

A lot of the shades are actually nicely wearable in other seasons, and of course you can wear whatever nail polish you wish at whatever time -who cares the season- but these five colours are my favourites for winter as I find they go with more of the things I wear at this time, and are less 'in-your-face' than some of the brighter colours I like to wear in spring and summer; reflecting the weather.

Left-Right: Essie 'Velvet Voyeur', China Glaze 'Purr-fect Plum',
Barry M 'Blue Plum', Orly 'Decoded', China Glaze 'Exotic Encounters'

















I'll go through the colours from left to right. Velvet Voyeur is the first one, and it's a dark cranberry-wine colour. I love it so much. The next one, 'Purr-fect Plum' is a similar colour only lighter in shade. It's one of those that I wore and got so many compliments. It's perfect (Purr-fect perhaps) for winter or autumn. I'm a huge fan of the Gelly range from Barry M, not only because of the formula but because of the wide range of awesome colours too! This for me is the perfect dark blue shade. It's dark but doesn't come across navy, it's just a dark, rich blue! Orly is a super cool brand and this colour is unlike what I've seen from other brands. It;s a muted blue-grey with just enough blue so that it isn't bland at all and still has some character. It's not boring at all! The last one was, for me, last year's winter superstar. I got so many compliments every time I wore this, and I think that's partly because it's green so not really something you'd automatically want to spread all over your nails. Green is unusual but should definitely not be forgotten- it's great! Just as mint green is a summer star, this darker green is the perfect shade for winter. I urge you to get it or something similar!


Each nail polish on a nail wheel with two coats and no top-coat













Do you have any of these nail polishes? What are your most-worn nail polishes in winter? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment