Tuesday 1 July 2014

Eye Makeup: Brown-Gold Smokey Eye

Sunday 22nd June Eye Makeup Look

A brown smokey eye isn't something I usually wear- I know it seems really neutral, simple, and within most people's comfort zone, but for me it's still not. So again it's really nice to be branching out and trying things I don't usually wear.

And I really like how it turned out!


I wore it last sunday to a house party, it was so simple and easy to use!


I used the Naked 2 Palette, but I'll have a full list of products further down with pictures of what I used.

The pigmentation of these shadows is obviously amazing, and they feel so so creamy and blendable. I do find with such creamy shades it's sometimes hard to pick up enough of the product on a brush though. I also sprayed the brush with a bit of Fix + from Mac just to intensify the colours even more.


Here's a list of the products I used.




As a base I used the Benefit Stay Don't Stray primer, and then I began applying the eyeshadows from the Naked 2 Palette. I used foxy as a browbone highlight, tease in the upper crease as a transition colour and bootycall in the inner corner to brighten things up a bit. On the inner third of the lid I put chopper, then in the middle third I placed YDK, and on the outer third busted with a tiny bit of blackout in the crease just to tie everything together. I repeated the same colours on the lower lash line as I always do. For eyeliner I used the L'oreal Superliner as always, and for mascara the ELF Mineral infused mascara.

I hope you enjoyed this look, let me know in the comments below if you did, and also what your favourite eye looks to wear are!

No comments:

Post a Comment