Monday 5 May 2014

Review: Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer

Review: Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer

I'm sure you've heard about these already, they're not exactly new but I'm finally getting round to doing a review of them!

The idea of this product is a pigmented lacquer with the staying power of a stain, whilst keeping the glossy/satiny finish of a lip gloss.


They are £5.99 each from the drugstore and there's a good selection of colours, from red to nude. I think this price is fair enough for what you're getting.

The formulation is long-wearing, non-patchy and silky smooth. For an even longer wearing lip colour, apply one layer, blot with tissue paper, and then apply another layer over the top. Also wearing a nude or matching lip pencil underneath (before application) will ensure it lasts longer.

Shooting Star, Celestial, Nova
I own three, these are the colours that were most appealing to me. I also had the red, 'Big Bang' at one time, but I decided to give it to a friend as I don't wear red lipstick enough to get loads of use out of it. However there is no doubt it was stunning and an amazing colour: the perfect red.

You can build these up, or put a little on a finger and dab some on the lips. They also blend really nicely together so mixing them is an option.

Shooting Star
lips with nothing
lips with shooting star
I picked this one up thinking it was a different one, so unfortunately instead of being a pale pinky nude, this actually is the more browny nude. Something definitely better for darker skinned girls, but I can still wear it I just don't use a full swipe otherwise it's a bit too much.

Shooting star is a caramely light-browny nude.

It is also worth pointing out that the lighter ones tend to last less time on the lips.

I'd like to talk about the doe-foot applicator, as shown above. It's my favourite applicator and works amazingly for a product like this. It ensures an extremely precise and also even application of the liquid product.

Celestial
lips with nothing
lips with celestial
Celestial is a deep bright pink.

Nova
Lips with nothing
lips with nova
Nova is a slightly brighter pinky shade.

Shooting Star, Nova, Celestial


Overall, I do love the formulation and would pick up more if the colour appeals to me. 

Have you tried this product? Which colour is your favourite in the collection? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment