Wednesday 19 February 2014

Lime Crime Palette Haul! (Palette D'Antoinette)

Literally Arrived Just this Second...

Not really a haul I guess, but I was too excited not to show you guys this one! I did technically order three things, but the two below are both presents for a good friend of mine- the OCC Lip Tar in 'Tarred' and Lime Crime lipstick in 'Airborne Unicorn' (super jealous of both)- the sort of presents that you buy and really have to stop yourself from just keeping in your own collection.


I ordered these three things from Cocktail Cosmetics which allows those in the UK to get products mainly distributed only in the US. It was my first time ordering from them and I ordered them at 10pm on the 17th February, a Monday, and was amazed to see them arrive technically one day later on the 19th at 12:30, which really is amazing service. All my products came unharmed and well-packaged with bubblewrap.










Onto the palette. I have been eyeing this one for over a year now and am so excited to finally have it in my collection.

The Palette d'Antoinette


Colours: Royal Flush, Absinthe-Minded
Colours: Macarooned, Ribbonesque, Mercurious
 The colours:
Royal Flush- a light-bright pastel matte pink
Absynthe-Minded- a pastel lime green
Macarooned- a bright pastel orangey-yellow shade
Ribbonesque- a pastel purple on the mauve side
Mercurious- a satin finish metallic silver shade

It was £23.95 which is the sort of price I would expect for a palette like this, and works out at almost £5 for each shadow.

Lime Crime is vegan and not tested on animals which are both things I highly endorse.

The colours are extremely pigmented as I had expected, and I think I'll get a lot of use out of them. How they apply onto the eye and how long-wearing they are is yet to be discovered but I will post some eye looks with this palette in the future for sure.

I know I'll get a lot of wear out of the silver colour especially, as when I go out I mainly do a silver lid and brown/black through the crease with winged eyeliner.

The palette's pigmentation is especially commendable due to the fact that 4/5 of them are matte pastel shades and usually those barely show up.



The packagaging is a little bit more flimsy than I had expected- the purple tin I thought would be more sturdy like the Naked 2 but it is more lightweight and the black base of the palette is just a plastic casing and nothing solid.

Well done Lime Crime, this palette is wonderful and I will surely be purchasing more Lime Crime products in the future.

Do you have any products from Lime Crime that you think I should try? Do you think this palette is worth picking up? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment